Come Baaaaack!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Official NaNoWriMo 2006 Participant

Yeah, so, I'm doing that thing. Thus, I sincerely doubt I'm going to blog a lot this month. Not that I blogged a lot last month, or any month since, oh, 2005. But still, I'm giving a heads-up this time. My novel is about a meek lesbian, her overbearing jockish girlfriend, another lesbian who is a rabbi, and maybe a doctor and a party planner, eventually. Look for my userprofile under "crayolarabbit," where you'll see a nice one-paragraph excerpt.

Also happening this month is NaBloPoMo, which I might do next month, to make it up to y'alls. There are no prizes next month, but whatever, the sense of satisfaction is all I need.

In other news, I just wrote 2124 words in 50 minutes. So in your FACE.

I also am very good at religion--I'm doing well in my classes for the first time since like high school or something. And also, it's consuming my brain--my characters keep talking about hermeneutics and the importance of ritual and Leviticus. I thought I was getting out of that by not writing my novel about the gay boy in a Christian cult (which is sometimes a Scientologist cult, and sometimes involves a Russian fellow seducing him, and sometimes involves a swimming pool). That'll be my next year, I reckon.

Is "The Hermeneutics of Relationships" a really dumb title? Am I obsessed with that word? What about teleology? Or... anyway, if you can think of some word that has to do with religion and say "of Relationships" and make it a beautiful chick lit title, let me know.